Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Answer To Lifes Three Greatest Needs

Our lives seem to centre around three spiritual needs; our need for acceptance, our need for significance and our need for security.

Take some time to think about whom or what makes you feel accepted. The truth is, if we give the roll of making us feel accepted to a person or a situation we are asking that person or situation to be a god in our lives. Disappointment will always follow. Why? To give a person or circumstance that much power over us is a recipe for disaster.

People and circumstance will always let us down. There is no perfect person or no perfect circumstance. Only God knows exactly what you need to feel accepted. Since God has proven he has accepted us, then perhaps it is time to remove that burden from the people around us or the circumstance we find ourselves in.

Finding significance in our world is equally as challenging. Can the world we live in give us a reliable and truthful answer to the questions of my significance? I suggest to you it can not. What is my purpose? Why am I here? What is the reason for this situation? Do I matter? Does my life count? These are questions that only the One who created you can answer. An attempt to find answers to these questions apart from God leads to futility, despair and depression.

How do we process the difficult situations in our lives? Challenging circumstances can cause us to doubt ourselves and doubt God. If my faith is based on what happens to me in this world that faith will quickly vanish in the face of trial, heartache and disaster. My security can not be based on anything that is in my world.

The chaos of life is designed to breed fear. If I want to live with out fear my security must come from Christ alone. Not Money, position, power, or physical relationships. My personal relationship with Christ is my only guarantee of security. My relationship with Christ is the only guarantee of security when I die. My relationship with Christ guarantees God’s love for me in the present and God’s love for me in eternity. God gave us that guarantee when his son died on the cross. Jesus death and resurrection is God’s unchangeable promise that we are secure in him, regardless of the issues of life and death.

Perhaps now is the time for you to discover the real freedom that comes from believing in a God who loves you and has your best interests at heart. Check out my series on IDENTITY THEFT at www.allnationschurch.ca and just click on podcasts. I welcome your comments,and suggestions.

No comments: