Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DRIFTING AWAY FROM YOUR PURPOSE

My left eye went out of focus the other week. It seems the prescription for my glasses needs changing, again. It actually took me a few days before I realized that my left eye was not quite right. During this time my right eye did an amazing job of compensating for the lack of focus in my left eye and things looked ok, just not great. I knew something was wrong but only discovered the problem when I closed my right eye and concentrated on seeing through my left eye. Sure enough the trees were fuzzy, the computer screen blurry and when I looked in the mirror some of the wrinkles in my face had disappeared.

Here is the problem as I see it…sometimes life just doesn’t work quite right. We are not sure what is wrong but we know all is not right. It’s not so much that life is bad…it’s just not quite the way it should be. Maybe you are out of focus. Perhaps your alignment is off. Could be a lens needs changing or you need a slight adjustment. The problem could even be that you have drifted from your intended purpose.

Drifting from your purpose…the reason you were created…the mission you were assigned, is the primary cause of life’s dissatisfaction, discomfort, disease, and depression.

You are only fulfilled when you fulfill your purpose; the purpose God created you to fulfill. When you are out of focus with God you are out of focus with life. When you are out of focus with the Creator you are out of focus with His creation. Try as hard as you may to bring clarity to your life you will be unable to do so until you change the lens through which you see your life.

As surely as my optometrist designs a prescription that is uniquely suitable to only my eyes so God has designed a purpose that is uniquely suitable to only me. I can not wear your glasses or fulfill your purpose. You can not wear my glasses or fulfill my purpose.

I can not make up my own eye glass prescription…I need the doctor to do it! You and I can not make up our own purpose…we need the creator to do it!

Until I get the prescription right, my world will be out of focus. Until I get my purpose right, my life will be out of focus.

Jesus made the following statement to a group of followers ‘I have come to give you life and give it to you in abundance.” Just as I asked Dr. Vachon for a new prescription for my eyes perhaps you need to ask Jesus for a new prescription for your life.

When you ask Him, God has an amazing way of bringing clarity to your life.

Hey,just picked up my new glases from Costco... and I can read the fine print! I can see clearly now. It's amazing what a new perscription can do for your clarity!

No comments: